Monday, November 3, 2014

Cutting out coffee??

   

Hello everyone! If there is any time of year that I am more likely to drink coffee, it's definitely this time of year, Fall, autumn, the time before winter, you know, this season. I have never been much of a coffee drinker, but its gotten pretty bad since I cut out soda a few months ago, and it didn't help when I started working where coffee is is readily available all day long.


     I found my perfect blend, hazelnut coffee with 2.5 pumps of vanilla, half and half and 3 packets of sugar. Sounds delicious right? Absolutely. The thing is, coffee leaves a nasty taste in my mouth, and it gets me super jittery. I don't like the taste of coffee, so I end up putting so much sugar and flavors in it. Because of the sugar mixed in with the caffeine, my hands would shake, I would feel light headed, and I couldn't concentrate.
     I wanted to find something else to drink that tasted good, keep me awake (or help me sleep), but didn't get me all hopped up on caffeine. I've recently cut soda out of the picture, and I don't want to go back to drinking it. I don't want to drink something that can disenegrate corrosion on a car battery, clean rust off a bumper, and dissolve a beef flank. The idea of putting that into my body disgusted me.


    What have I turned to? Tea. Yes, tea. There are so many kinds of teas, and they all have soooo many benefits. My personal favorite is green tea and chamomile!

Benefits of Green Tea - It raises the immune system while lowering cholesterol and blood sugar, and can even help clear up acne!
Chamomile - Has tons of antioxidents that help prevent complications from diabetes. It stumts growth of cancer cells! It helps you fall asleep, which helps me the most.

     I recently bought some tea from Winn Dixie the other day, and its absolutely delicious. I had to get the green tea (infused with white tea), and some chamomlile infused with vanilla, which doesn't need any sweetening at all, and it really does help me fall asleep!

     What is your go to drink, whether it be coffee, soda, tea, Sunny D? Let me know in the comments below!


1 comment:

Enter witty comment here.